>> Quickie question about hyperlinks in XML

Gene Ellis

Very simple question. If I have the XML file below:
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="newspage.xsl"?>
<newspage>
<content>Click here for blah blah</content>
</newspage>
How can I use XLink to make an HTML hyperlink out of the "click here"
text?
I have tried this:
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="newspage.xsl"?>
<newspage>
<content><ABC xlink:type="simple"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
xlink:href="http://www.somelocation.org/">Click here</ABC> for blah
blah</content>
</newspage>
But when I reference this element in my xsl document using:
<xsl:value-of select="newspage/content" /> The word appears without a
link. Is there a step I am forgetting? I am kinda new to XML. Thank
you very much for your suggesstions!