Quickstart tutorials

George

Hello all,

I have followed microsofts instructions to get the SDK quickstart tutorials
to work, but with no luck. One idea I had is beacuse it has installed it in
the same virtual server as MS sharepoint services. Would keep the the
tutorials from working properly? Thank in advance.

George

That got me a little further. After wrestling with removing MSDE and
installing it again.

I now get to the ASP.net quick start tutorial page but get an error. Please
help, I am pulling my hair and I don't have much left!

Server Error in '/QuickStart/ASPPlus' Application.
----

Runtime Error
error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
error from being viewed.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable
on the local server machine, please create a <customErrors> tag within a
"web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current
web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode"
attribute set to "RemoteOnly". To enable the details to be viewable on
remote machines, please set "mode" to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom
error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's
<customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

George

Problem resolved. I gave up and removed Sharepoint Services altogether. It
will probably go on another server when I amdone being mad at it. Thanks
for your help.