    Thanks.
    --
    William Tasso

    William Tasso, Nov 11, 2003

  2. William Tasso

    Zak McGregor Guest

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:15:00 +0200, William Tasso <"William Tasso"
    <>> wrote:

    > Greetings one and all.
    >
    > The mark up for quoted speech or, in this case, feedback is bugging me.
    > I'm currently using a list (<ul>...) to mark up the comments, but I feel
    > I could be doing more (or less) to make it clear that these are feedback
    > comments.
    >
    > Is there a useful primer or reference doc? or perhaps a clue someone
    > would like to share?

    Isn't that what <blockquote> is for?

    Ciao

    Zak
    http://www.carfolio.com/ Searchable database of 10 000+ car specs
    Auctioning motoring-related items at eBay? http://www.carfolio.com/ebay/

    Zak McGregor, Nov 11, 2003

  3. William Tasso

    CJM Guest

    "William Tasso" <> wrote in message
    > Greetings one and all.
    >
    > The mark up for quoted speech or, in this case, feedback is bugging me.

    I'm
    > currently using a list (<ul>...) to mark up the comments, but I feel I

    could
    > be doing more (or less) to make it clear that these are feedback comments.
    >
    > Is there a useful primer or reference doc? or perhaps a clue someone

    would
    > like to share?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > William Tasso

    William

    I've got a horrible feeling I've misunderstood you(!)

    Isn't the <blockquote> (and potentially <q>) the appropriate tag(s) for
    this?
    [personally I tend to style the tag as italics or use a different font as
    well]

    Is this a rare moment of insight for me, or have I missed the point again as
    usual? lol

    Cheer

    Chris

    CJM, Nov 11, 2003
  4. William Tasso

    m Guest

    William Tasso wrote:
    > Greetings one and all.
    >
    > The mark up for quoted speech or, in this case, feedback is bugging me. I'm
    > currently using a list (<ul>...) to mark up the comments, but I feel I could
    > be doing more (or less) to make it clear that these are feedback comments.
    >
    > Is there a useful primer or reference doc? or perhaps a clue someone would
    > like to share?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I think that Zak and CJM are right about 'blockquote',
    although I don't see why 'blockquote' and 'cite' can't
    be embedded within a list of comments if you want.
    Depending on how you nest things you might have to
    change the 'display' style of some elements to get
    a validation.

    --
    Cheers, m at http://www.mbstevens.com/

    m, Nov 11, 2003
  5. William Tasso wrote:

    > The mark up for quoted speech or, in this case, feedback ....

    Thank you. <blockquote> has indeed passed me by, as some guessed.

    > Is there a useful primer or reference doc?

    Prompted by the responses, I found this splendid work by Jukka
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/bq.html and now, having read it top to
    bottom, I am inclined to leave the list of feedback comments marked up as a
    list using CSS to suggest italics &c for presentation.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Nov 11, 2003
  6. William Tasso

    George Self Guest

    Zak McGregor wrote:

    > On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:15:00 +0200, William Tasso <"William Tasso"
    > <>> wrote:
    >
    >> Greetings one and all.
    >>
    >> The mark up for quoted speech or, in this case, feedback is bugging me.
    >> I'm currently using a list (<ul>...) to mark up the comments, but I feel
    >> I could be doing more (or less) to make it clear that these are feedback
    >> comments.
    >>
    >> Is there a useful primer or reference doc? or perhaps a clue someone
    >> would like to share?

    > Isn't that what <blockquote> is for?
    >
    > Ciao
    >
    > Zak
    > http://www.carfolio.com/ Searchable database of 10 000+ car specs
    > Auctioning motoring-related items at eBay? http://www.carfolio.com/ebay/

    I'm not sure what you are doing, but you may also want to consider using a
    definition list. If you are presenting feedback to some sort of
    questionnaire you could list the question in a <dt> item and then all of
    the feedback in a <dd> item. That would give you an interesting indentation
    for your page.

    --George

    George Self, Nov 12, 2003