quote, unquote

William Tasso

Greetings one and all.

The mark up for quoted speech or, in this case, feedback is bugging me. I'm
currently using a list (<ul>...) to mark up the comments, but I feel I could
be doing more (or less) to make it clear that these are feedback comments.

Is there a useful primer or reference doc? or perhaps a clue someone would
like to share?

Thanks.

Zak McGregor

Greetings one and all.

The mark up for quoted speech or, in this case, feedback is bugging me.
I'm currently using a list (<ul>...) to mark up the comments, but I feel
I could be doing more (or less) to make it clear that these are feedback
comments.

Is there a useful primer or reference doc? or perhaps a clue someone
would like to share?

Isn't that what <blockquote> is for?

Ciao

Zak

CJM

William Tasso said:
Greetings one and all.

The mark up for quoted speech or, in this case, feedback is bugging me. I'm
currently using a list (<ul>...) to mark up the comments, but I feel I could
be doing more (or less) to make it clear that these are feedback comments.

Is there a useful primer or reference doc? or perhaps a clue someone would
like to share?

Thanks.
William

I've got a horrible feeling I've misunderstood you(!)

Isn't the <blockquote> (and potentially <q>) the appropriate tag(s) for
this?
[personally I tend to style the tag as italics or use a different font as
well]

Is this a rare moment of insight for me, or have I missed the point again as
usual? lol

Cheer

Chris

William said:
Greetings one and all.

The mark up for quoted speech or, in this case, feedback is bugging me. I'm
currently using a list (<ul>...) to mark up the comments, but I feel I could
be doing more (or less) to make it clear that these are feedback comments.

Is there a useful primer or reference doc? or perhaps a clue someone would
like to share?

Thanks.

I think that Zak and CJM are right about 'blockquote',
although I don't see why 'blockquote' and 'cite' can't
be embedded within a list of comments if you want.
Depending on how you nest things you might have to
change the 'display' style of some elements to get
a validation.

George Self

Zak said:
Isn't that what <blockquote> is for?

Ciao

Zak
http://www.carfolio.com/ Searchable database of 10 000+ car specs
Auctioning motoring-related items at eBay? http://www.carfolio.com/ebay/

I'm not sure what you are doing, but you may also want to consider using a
definition list. If you are presenting feedback to some sort of
questionnaire you could list the question in a <dt> item and then all of
the feedback in a <dd> item. That would give you an interesting indentation
for your page.

--George