Quotes on Web Service's SOAP Exceptions

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Leinal@gmail.com, Jun 6, 2005.

  1. Guest

    We are using c# win apps with web services, we have all quotes on our
    error messages getting to the client application not in the correct
    format, like the next example:
    Example:

    [WebMethod]
    public int hello_world () {
    try {

    throw new System.Exception ("sesión");

    }catch System.Exception () {

    throw;

    the word "sesión" arrive to our client as "sesión".

    We have tried changing the Enconding of the Web.config:

    <globalization
    requestEncoding="utf-8"
    responseEncoding="utf-8"
    />

    but this have not work at all.

    I have read a few information on web/groups about problems with sp1,
    but still didnt found the workaround to get on client the strings.

    , Jun 6, 2005

  2. Have you tried loading the xml into a DOM document and parsig out the
    element's value through the DOM? It should translate things correctly.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgSmVzc2Vl?=, Jun 6, 2005