Qustion:

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Need_help, Aug 29, 2003.

  1. Need_help

    Need_help Guest

    ASP Q:

    I have an array with some values.

    so I have values

    Value(0,1)
    Value(0,2)
    Value(0,2)
    ....etc.

    since the values are different size, I'm using

    left(values(0,1),7)

    So I can take first 7 digits out.

    Normally I'm looping through the array and I'm using form like this:

    CDbl(Left(CStr(values(0, 1)),7))

    Everything goes perfect, but when I put m insted of 1

    check = True : m=1
    do
    do while n<59
    value1= CDbl(Left(CStr(values(0, m)),7))

    m=m+1
    if n=58 then
    check = False

    exit do
    end if
    loop

    returns message like this:

    Type mismatch: 'CDbl'

    How I can solve this so I can get normal value so I can for e.g. add 1 to
    value 1

    Thanx

    Need_help, Aug 29, 2003

  2. Need_help

    Evertjan. Guest

    Need_help wrote on 29 aug 2003 in

    > check = True : m=1
    > do
    > do while n<59
    > value1= CDbl(Left(CStr(values(0, m)),7))
    >
    > m=m+1
    > if n=58 then
    > check = False
    >
    > exit do
    > end if
    > loop

    the value of m will go up to 2, 3, 4, 5, ...
    and the array is not that big.

    but the value of n stays what it was, when/if you initialized it and
    never reaches 58

    > How I can solve this so I can get normal value so I can for
    > e.g. add 1 to value 1

    m = 1 + 1

    solution:

    please tell us what you realy want to accomplish

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Aug 29, 2003