R: embedding python in macOS 10.6

Discussion in 'Python' started by tinauser@libero.it, Sep 29, 2010.

  1. Guest

    sorry, my error; in order to achieve what written before, i had to link to the
    libpython2.6.a that i find downloading the surce code.
    instead, if I link to the one of the distributed version, i get the following
    error:
    missing required architecture x86_64 in file.
    i tried to build with the -m32 option,but then to that message, another is
    added for the object file
    file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)

    the
    >tutorial.i've problem with setting up the enveiroment.
    >I've installed python with the distributed version (i.e., i did not, as a
    >start, build it myself); i added the library where both python.h and

    pyconfig
    >are stored and i linked to libpython2.6.a (which is, in the distributed
    >version, an alias).
    >the program builds and links correctely, but if I try to run it, i get the
    >following error:
    >
    >Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
    >Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
    >Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
    >'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
    >Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
    >ImportError: No module named time
    >
    >what is the problem?
    >
    >in my .profile i have set PATH: /Library/Frameworks/Python.
    >framework/Versions/2.6/bin

    , Sep 29, 2010