R: Ruby Cookbook

David Riccitelli

A must-buy.=20

=20

Le informazioni trasmesse attraverso la presente e-mail ed i suoi =
allegati sono diretti esclusivamente al destinatario e devono ritenersi =
riservati con divieto di diffusione e di uso. La diffusione e la =
comunicazione da parte di soggetto diverso dal destinatario =E8 vietata =
dall'art. 616 e ss. c.p. e dal d. l.vo n. 196/03.
Se la presente e-mail ed i suoi allegati fossero stati ricevuti per =
errore da persona diversa dal destinatario siete pregati di distruggere =
tutto quanto ricevuto e di informare il mittente con lo stesso mezzo.

Anyone care to post their first impressions on Ruby Cookbook? I haven't =
seen it yet. I'd like hear what others think of it before buying or not.

Regards, Morton

Paul van Delst

David said:
A must-buy.

Le informazioni trasmesse attraverso la presente e-mail ed i suoi allegati sono diretti
esclusivamente al destinatario e devono ritenersi riservati con divieto di diffusione e
di uso. La diffusione e la comunicazione da parte di soggetto diverso dal destinatario
è vietata dall'art. 616 e ss. c.p. e dal d. l.vo n. 196/03. Se la presente e-mail ed i

-----Messaggio originale----- Da: Morton Goldberg [mailto:[email protected]]
Inviato: mercoledì 2 agosto 2006 13.09 A: ruby-talk ML Oggetto: Ruby Cookbook

Anyone care to post their first impressions on Ruby Cookbook? I haven't seen it yet.
I'd like hear what others think of it before buying or not.

Disclaimer: I'm a total Ruby newbie, so anything that collects together a great deal of
information and examples about Ruby in one place is going to be looked upon favourably.

I've found the Ruby Cookbook to be an essential companion to the pickaxe book. The layout
of the Cookbook is an easier format for me to access - the problems are listed in the
contents, logically grouped, so I can go directly to where a potential solution awaits. I
was always flipping through the pickaxe book (paper and pdf) looking for a particular
example (that I was *sure* I saw just a few pages back :eek:) hence my liking the Cookbook
layout. And even the examples for the first couple of chapters (string and number
manipulation) are replete with nuggets of Ruby that you can apply in other situations as well.

The one thing that would make this book better would be if it was available in pdf format
like the pickaxe book. :eek:)

cheers,

paulv

Gene Tani

Paul said:
The one thing that would make this book better would be if it was available in pdf format
like the pickaxe book. :eek:)

I believe Oreilly's policy is that you can get the final PDF only if
you purchase during the period when the book is available for purchase
as a Rough Cuts draft PDF.