r there ne gud opensrc ecommerce systems with product management?

mark | r

Are there any good open source ecommerce (basket and payment) systems with
product management around? im having a hard time finding one

mark

William Morris

What exactly are you wanting? A server system, like Microsoft's Commerce
Server, a full-blown RPM system, or simply and ASP shopping cart?

If the last, my vote is firmly with www.candypress.com (NAYY). ASP driven,
works with Access or SQL Server out of the box, supports three or four
different payment methods in additional to cash and check. The front end is
free, the back end is $50/us.

Scott McNair

What exactly are you wanting? A server system, like Microsoft's
Commerce Server, a full-blown RPM system, or simply and ASP shopping
cart?

If the last, my vote is firmly with www.candypress.com (NAYY). ASP
driven, works with Access or SQL Server out of the box, supports three
or four different payment methods in additional to cash and check.
The front end is free, the back end is $50/us.

My $0.02 - I highly recommend against Commerce Server. I tried designing
an e-commerce solution against it one time. The salesman for MS made it
sound as though you just plugged your product in and stepped back while it
generated revenue... there was a LOT of work involved... so much, in fact,
that you would generally be better off just writing it yourself to begin
with.