R-tree implemetation in python without external C_libraries

News123

Hi,

I'd like to have a small rtree library for a small python project.
( good data structure for 2D searches )

For this mini - project I'd prefer, to have no C-library dependencies

Does anyone have a small implementation which I'm allowed to use and
modify, which does not use an external C-library?

What I'm mostly interested in is the R-Tree creation.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.

If you don't know a pure python implementation, then I'd be also
interested in implemetations in other languages.
I could then use these implementations and recode them to python.

The alternative languages could be

perl
java
java-script