R-tree implemetation in python without external C_libraries

Discussion in 'Python' started by News123, Jun 26, 2009.

  1. News123

    News123 Guest

    Hi,

    I'd like to have a small rtree library for a small python project.
    ( good data structure for 2D searches )

    For this mini - project I'd prefer, to have no C-library dependencies

    Does anyone have a small implementation which I'm allowed to use and
    modify, which does not use an external C-library?

    What I'm mostly interested in is the R-Tree creation.
    Thanks in advance for any pointers.

    If you don't know a pure python implementation, then I'd be also
    interested in implemetations in other languages.
    I could then use these implementations and recode them to python.

    The alternative languages could be

    perl
    java
    java-script