r43 hits beta! 0.3.0 release

pat eyler

Thanks to the efforts of several people in the Ruby Programming Shop,
r43 (the library providing access to the 43 Things web services) is now
available for download from:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/r43/

You can now use r43 to access any non-authenticated methods available
from all of the 43things websites (es, de, ideas, etc.)

--=20
thanks,
-pate

Brian Wisti

Hey Pat,

Sounds like a cool project. Where can I find documentation and/or
examples? I've managed to find the rdocs from the installed gem, but
now I'm wondering about general-purpose "getting started" code :)

Kind Regards,

Brian Wisti
http://coolnamehere.com/

pat eyler

Hey Pat,
=20
Sounds like a cool project. Where can I find documentation and/or
examples? I've managed to find the rdocs from the installed gem, but
now I'm wondering about general-purpose "getting started" code :)
=20
Kind Regards,

well, the readme has some examples in it ... I guess we should
incorporate that into the rdoc. File a bug report if you don't mind.

Here's a quick example though:

require 'r43' =20
connection =3D R43::Connection.new(1234, 'www.43things.com')
person =3D connection.get_person('pate') =20
person.goals.each do |goal| =20
puts "pate wants to #{goal.name}" =20
end =20

Is there something more interesting that you want to do? I'd be happy to
turn that into an example.

--=20
thanks,
-pate

Brian Wisti

=20
well, the readme has some examples in it ... I guess we should
incorporate that into the rdoc. File a bug report if you don't mind.
=20
Here's a quick example though:
=20
require 'r43'
connection =3D R43::Connection.new(1234, 'www.43things.com')
person =3D connection.get_person('pate')
person.goals.each do |goal|
puts "pate wants to #{goal.name}"
end
=20
=20
Is there something more interesting that you want to do? I'd be happy to
turn that into an example.

That's good enough to get me started poking at it, so I am good to go.
I guess the meta-question was something along the lines of "do you
plan on creating any tutorial-style material for other new users and
putting it on a r43 site?" You can put it on the back burner if you
like, because - like I said - I'm good to go now.

Kind Regards,

Brian Wisti
http://coolnamehere.com/

pat eyler

=20
That's good enough to get me started poking at it, so I am good to go.
I guess the meta-question was something along the lines of "do you
plan on creating any tutorial-style material for other new users and
putting it on a r43 site?" You can put it on the back burner if you
like, because - like I said - I'm good to go now.

That's actually a really good idea. I'll put it into my short term plans.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Please let me know how things
go as you start to use r43.
=20
Kind Regards,
=20