R6034 -- 0.9.1 -- problems installing under XP

Discussion in 'Python' started by Esmail, Mar 21, 2009.

  1. Esmail

    Esmail Guest

    I apologize if this is a duplicate, been having lots of problems
    posting to this group.

    ---

    Hello all,

    I am having problems trying installing iPython under XP.
    It works great under Linux and it would be great if I could
    also use it when I have to be in Windows.

    XP Professional SP2 + SP3 (tried different systems),
    iPython-0.9.1, Python 2.6.1

    During "Please wait while running postinstall script .. "
    I get the following MS Visual C++ Runtime Error

    R6034
    An application has made an attempt to load th C runtime library incorrectly.

    I get this message 4 or 5 times and eventually end up
    with this:

    *** run_installscript: internal error 0xFFFFFFFF ***

    I've seen this error reported before while searching the web,
    so I know I'm not the only one who has run into this problem,
    but not seen any solutions.

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks,
    Esmail