RAA feature request - clickable urls and spaces

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Simon Strandgaard, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. I have 2 minor issues with the "Description" output.

    When I see at my own RAA entry
    http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/aeditor/

    issue#1:
    In the Description text.. RAA shows a different letter than space (Â).
    Readability of that RAA entry could be improved by showing a real space.

    issue#2:
    In the Description text.. RAA doesn't make URL's clickable.
    It could be made more usable if RAA identified and make
    URL's clickable.

    If I look with YARAA then only issue#2 is present
    http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=aeditor

    Beside these 2 issues.. Thanks for RAA.

    --
    Simon Strandgaard

    Simon Strandgaard, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Hi,

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:51:06 +0900, Simon Strandgaard
    <> wrote:
    > When I see at my own RAA entry
    > http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/aeditor/
    >
    > issue#1:
    > In the Description text.. RAA shows a different letter than space (Â).
    > Readability of that RAA entry could be improved by showing a real space.
    >
    > issue#2:
    > In the Description text.. RAA doesn't make URL's clickable.
    > It could be made more usable if RAA identified and make
    > URL's clickable.

    Hmm. It seems useful if we can specify description parsing/formatting
    style on submitting. Let me give it a try.

    Regards,
    // NaHi

    NAKAMURA, Hiroshi, Aug 17, 2004

  3. On Tuesday 17 August 2004 09:31, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:
    [snip]
    > Hmm. It seems useful if we can specify description parsing/formatting
    > style on submitting. Let me give it a try.

    Wonderful.. Thanks ;-)

    --
    Simon Strandgaard

    Simon Strandgaard, Aug 17, 2004
  4. Simon Strandgaard wrote:
    > In the Description text.. RAA doesn't make URL's clickable. It
    > could be made more usable if RAA identified and make URL's
    > clickable.

    Is that really neccessary?

    In Opera one simply marks the URL and then tells it to open the URL
    (that's an item in the context menu). The same works in Mozilla
    (including Firefox) provided that you install a extension called
    "Plain Text Links". I guess that Internet Intruder has such a feature
    as well.

    Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

    Josef 'Jupp' Schugt, Aug 19, 2004
  5. On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 06:35:22 +0900, Josef 'Jupp' Schugt <> wrote:
    > Simon Strandgaard wrote:
    > > In the Description text.. RAA doesn't make URL's clickable. It
    > > could be made more usable if RAA identified and make URL's
    > > clickable.

    > Is that really neccessary?

    Necessary, no. A good idea, yes.

    > In Opera one simply marks the URL and then tells it to open the URL
    > (that's an item in the context menu). The same works in Mozilla
    > (including Firefox) provided that you install a extension called
    > "Plain Text Links". I guess that Internet Intruder has such a feature
    > as well.

    You'd guess wrong. Usability suggests that Simon's idea is really good.

    -austin
    --
    Austin Ziegler *
    * Alternate:

    Austin Ziegler, Aug 20, 2004
  6. Hi, all,

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:31:09 +0900, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi
    <> wrote:
    > Hmm. It seems useful if we can specify description parsing/formatting
    > style on submitting. Let me give it a try.

    Check RAA.

    Regards,
    // NaHi

    NAKAMURA, Hiroshi, Aug 23, 2004
  7. NAKAMURA, Hiroshi <> wrote:
    > Hi, all,
    >
    > On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:31:09 +0900, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi
    > <> wrote:
    > > Hmm. It seems useful if we can specify description parsing/formatting
    > > style on submitting. Let me give it a try.

    > Check RAA.

    Great! One more suggestion - see
    http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/rmagick/ for example; it'd be nice if
    inlined URLs like the ones in
    A binding for ImageMagick (www.imagemagick.org) and GraphicsMagick
    (www.graphicsmagick.org).
    were also clickable.

    martin

    Martin DeMello, Aug 23, 2004
  8. Hi,

    On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:10:44 +0900, Martin DeMello
    <> wrote:
    > Great! One more suggestion - see
    > http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/rmagick/ for example; it'd be nice if
    > inlined URLs like the ones in
    > A binding for ImageMagick (www.imagemagick.org) and GraphicsMagick
    > (www.graphicsmagick.org).
    > were also clickable.

    No automatic URL detection now... The owner can update the rmagic
    entry; selecting "RD" or "RDoc" as description_format field and
    writing description field in RD or RDoc format.

    Regards,
    // NaHi

    NAKAMURA, Hiroshi, Aug 23, 2004
  9. On Monday 23 August 2004 11:59, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:
    [snip]
    > No automatic URL detection now... The owner can update the rmagic
    > entry; selecting "RD" or "RDoc" as description_format field and
    > writing description field in RD or RDoc format.

    Ok.. I have converted my RAA entry to rdoc format.. it is much better.
    http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/aeditor/

    Thanks NaHi.

    --
    Simon Strandgaard