RAA feature request - clickable urls and spaces

Simon Strandgaard

I have 2 minor issues with the "Description" output.

When I see at my own RAA entry
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/aeditor/

issue#1:
In the Description text.. RAA shows a different letter than space (Â).
Readability of that RAA entry could be improved by showing a real space.

issue#2:
In the Description text.. RAA doesn't make URL's clickable.
It could be made more usable if RAA identified and make
URL's clickable.

If I look with YARAA then only issue#2 is present
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=aeditor

Beside these 2 issues.. Thanks for RAA.

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi

Hi,

When I see at my own RAA entry
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/aeditor/

issue#1:
In the Description text.. RAA shows a different letter than space (Â).
Readability of that RAA entry could be improved by showing a real space.

issue#2:
In the Description text.. RAA doesn't make URL's clickable.
It could be made more usable if RAA identified and make
URL's clickable.

Hmm. It seems useful if we can specify description parsing/formatting
style on submitting. Let me give it a try.

Regards,
// NaHi

Simon Strandgaard

On Tuesday 17 August 2004 09:31, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:
[snip]
Hmm. It seems useful if we can specify description parsing/formatting
style on submitting. Let me give it a try.

Wonderful.. Thanks ;-)

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Simon said:
In the Description text.. RAA doesn't make URL's clickable. It
could be made more usable if RAA identified and make URL's
clickable.

Is that really neccessary?

In Opera one simply marks the URL and then tells it to open the URL
(that's an item in the context menu). The same works in Mozilla
(including Firefox) provided that you install a extension called
"Plain Text Links". I guess that Internet Intruder has such a feature
as well.

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Austin Ziegler

Is that really neccessary?

Necessary, no. A good idea, yes.
In Opera one simply marks the URL and then tells it to open the URL
(that's an item in the context menu). The same works in Mozilla
(including Firefox) provided that you install a extension called
"Plain Text Links". I guess that Internet Intruder has such a feature
as well.

You'd guess wrong. Usability suggests that Simon's idea is really good.

-austin

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi

Hi, all,

Hmm. It seems useful if we can specify description parsing/formatting
style on submitting. Let me give it a try.

Check RAA.

Regards,
// NaHi

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi

Simon Strandgaard

On Monday 23 August 2004 11:59, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:
[snip]
No automatic URL detection now... The owner can update the rmagic
entry; selecting "RD" or "RDoc" as description_format field and
writing description field in RD or RDoc format.

Ok.. I have converted my RAA entry to rdoc format.. it is much better.
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/aeditor/

Thanks NaHi.