RabbIT proxy - which java version

Ant

I installed RabbIT proxy by just unzipping the RabbIT2.zip download
from sourceforge, and then did "java rabbit.proxy.Proxy" from a
command prompt to try and run it. I received the following error:

"Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime
Environment\CurrentVersion' has value '1.4', but '1.3' is required.
Error: could not find java.dll
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment."

One of the threads in the projects's archives mentions:

"For 2.0.30 you need java/1.4 and you will see this if you try to use
an earlier java vm."

I'm using 2.0.33 (latest as of 17/07/04) so would expect it to use
Java 1.4.

I dont want to install Java 1.3 in case this breaks 1.4. Can anyone
help?

Thanks, Ant