RabbitMQ vs ApacheQpid (AMQP)

Discussion in 'Python' started by jacopo, Oct 13, 2009.

  1. jacopo

    jacopo Guest

    Short question:
    I am considering two solutions for a distributed system: either
    RabbitMQ with py-amqplib or ApacheQpid with its own set of API. I
    wander is any of you would be able to compare the two. In particular,
    I would expect that since Apache comes with its own documented Python
    API this would be sufficient to put it as a first choice.

    Background:
    I have a main machine dispatching heavy calculations to different
    machines, collecting the results, performing some calculation on the
    merged results and starting all over again with fresher data. I
    implemented a first solution with Twisted PB, then I decided it was
    more flexible to rely on an AMQP system and I started looking at
    RabbitMQ with txAMQP . Now I am getting really frustrated with the
    complexity of Twisted and the reactor, I am realizing that probably I
    don’t need to handle asynchronicity. Some degree of asynchronicity is
    already handled by the Messaging system and I don’t need to take care
    of it in my components (they keep waiting for a message, when they get
    it they are fully engaged in processing and they cannot do much more).

    Thanks,
    Jacopo
    jacopo, Oct 13, 2009

  2. jacopo

    Roger Binns Guest

    Roger Binns, Oct 13, 2009

  3. On Tuesday, 13 October 2009 11:42:03 jacopo wrote:

    > Background:
    > I have a main machine dispatching heavy calculations to different
    > machines, collecting the results, performing some calculation on the
    > merged results and starting all over again with fresher data. I
    > implemented a first solution with Twisted PB, then I decided it was
    > more flexible to rely on an AMQP system and I started looking at
    > RabbitMQ with txAMQP . Now I am getting really frustrated with the
    > complexity of Twisted and the reactor, I am realizing that probably I
    > don’t need to handle asynchronicity. Some degree of asynchronicity is
    > already handled by the Messaging system and I don’t need to take care
    > of it in my components (they keep waiting for a message, when they get
    > it they are fully engaged in processing and they cannot do much more).

    Have you looked at Pyro?

    - Hendrik
    Hendrik van Rooyen, Oct 14, 2009