    Hi all ! is there a tool like a Glade, Delphi, Qt3 Design to work with
    Ruby ?
    thanks !

    Luiz Macchi, Sep 22, 2006

  2. Try Eclipse.

    However, are you looking for a GUI designer as well?

    - Mark

    Mark A. Richman, Sep 22, 2006

  3. Luiz Macchi

    Luiz Macchi Guest

    Mark A. Richman wrote:
    > Try Eclipse.
    >
    > However, are you looking for a GUI designer as well?
    >
    > - Mark

    Yeah, GUI designer ! I will try Eclipse !
    thanks a lot

    Luiz Macchi, Sep 22, 2006
  4. Luiz Macchi

    Alex Young Guest

    Luiz Macchi wrote:
    > Mark A. Richman wrote:
    >> Try Eclipse.
    >>
    >> However, are you looking for a GUI designer as well?
    >>
    >> - Mark

    > Yeah, GUI designer ! I will try Eclipse !
    > thanks a lot

    I believe rubygtk can use Glade's output directly, but it's still on my
    list of things to try out so I can't show you code, unfortunately...
    Something to look into, anyway.

    --
    Alex
    Alex Young, Sep 22, 2006
  5. >>> sender: "Luiz Macchi" date: "Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 08:15:02PM +0900" <<<EOQ
    > Mark A. Richman wrote:
    > > Try Eclipse.
    > >
    > > However, are you looking for a GUI designer as well?
    > >
    > > - Mark

    > Yeah, GUI designer ! I will try Eclipse !
    > thanks a lot

    You can try Komodo then. Has a very nice GUI designer for Tk fully
    integrated with Ruby. It looks just like Delphi, and just like Delphi
    it costs money too :) But it's still very nice.

    Cheers,
    Alex
    Alexandru E. Ungur, Sep 22, 2006
  6. On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 08:04:29PM +0900, Luiz Macchi wrote:
    > Hi all ! is there a tool like a Glade, Delphi, Qt3 Design to work with
    > Ruby ?
    > thanks !

    Yes, for example, Glade ;) (Gotta love XML UI descriptions)

    Logan Capaldo, Sep 22, 2006
  7. Luiz Macchi wrote:
    > Hi all ! is there a tool like a Glade, Delphi, Qt3 Design to work with
    > Ruby ?
    > thanks !

    On Linux, try KDevelop, Korundum, Kommander and QTRuby. All of them can
    do what QT Designer can do. You'll pretty much be installing all of the
    KDE desktop to get that, so you get a desktop for free. :)

    I don't know about Macs if you need portability. Windows will be there
    when most of this magic works with QT4, but till then, if you need
    Windows, you'll need to pick some other tool chain.
    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Sep 22, 2006
  8. Luiz Macchi

    Lorenzo Guest

    I second the use of Komodo. I've tried other Tk GUI designers and
    Komodo has worked best for me in a number of projects. It isn't perfect
    but it's the best I've seen.

    Lorenzo

    Lorenzo, Sep 23, 2006
  9. Luiz Macchi

    MonkeeSage Guest

    There's also wxGlade (and some other WxWidgets based designer which I
    forget offhand).

    OT: I heard that Tk was supposed to be using native widgets like
    WxWidgets since like version 8 or something. Well, % info patchlevel
    shows I'm using Tcl/Tk 8.4.13; but the widgets still look like regular
    old Tk widgets. What am I doing wrong here?

    Regards,
    Jordan
    MonkeeSage, Sep 23, 2006
    David Vallner, Sep 30, 2006