Radio Button Column In GridView Causing Postbacks In Ajax

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tristan_sehgal@yahoo.co.uk, Mar 23, 2009.

    I have created a column of radio buttons in a GridView as the
    following recommends:

    http://www.asp.net/Learn/data-access/tutorial-51-cs.aspx

    i.e you inject the radio buttion html when the row is created and the
    click event of the radio button calls the client side__doPostBack()
    method.

    I have my column wrapped inside an Ajax update panel but I see a full
    postback happening when I click a radio button which defeats the whole
    purpose of using Ajax. I don't see full postbacks within other update
    panels on my page.

    Are there any other techniques for creating a grid of radio buttons
    that won't cause a full post back when using Ajax?

    Many Thanks.

    Tristan.
    , Mar 23, 2009