Radio Button Group in a Datagrid

Paul D. Fox

I have a Datagrid that has multiple rows with a Radio Group template item in it. I need to find out if at least one item in the Radio button group of each row has been selected and if selected, find out which one was selected and if not, throw a validation message (e.g. "You must select a value"). Anyone have some code samples as to how to approach this?

Teemu Keiski

Do you use RadioButtonList within a template? If yes, you could apply
RequiredFieldValidator to it. This way validating would apply to every row's
set of radio buttons.

Otherwise you'd need a custom solution (Customvalidator etc) or 3rd party
product such as Peter Blum's Professional Validation And More.

--
Teemu Keiski
ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider