Radio button selection and a data grid

Chris Marsh

Hello,

Is it possible w/ASP.Net to set the property of the radio button control to
'read-only' after the user has made their selection before hitting an
'submit' button? Think of a multiple choice question, in our case it's
'Accept', 'Not Accept' or 'Pending' in a grid column. There are multple rows
in the grid maybe 2, 3 or even 10 rows and we want to make it so that the
user, when they select 'Accept' in say the second row that the other rows
are disabled before . We beleive that can be done with Java but are there
other ways that might be better. Does anyone have an example that could be
posted for either approach?

Thank you!

Chris

bruce barker

this can be done in client script. what you have to be aware of is
disabled controls are not posted back by the browser, so to the server
they look empty.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

bruce barker

a second approach would be to use the same name (group in asp) or all
the radio buttons, so that only one radio button can be checked at a time.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Ben Rush

Hello.

Yet another option might be to use AJAX to do a partial postback when
someone selects a radio button. You can then disable, modify, update,
change, alter, etc. anything in the server-side callback handler and all the
controls can be asynchronously updated to accomplish the effect of
"disabling" them.

Hell, you could even return a jpg that just looks like a radio button back
and replace the real button with the jpg (if I were an industrious hacker, I
could get around any radio-button disabling you could implement in script -
that's important if this is for a serious test, I suppose).

Anyway, just rambling thoughts. If you need any samples or help with this
let me know.