radio buttons as a group

Mel

i have a list of 10 radio buttons all with the same ID=R100

i need a javascript to select (checked) say the 4th radio button AFTER
the form is created

Please help this newbeee

Mel

Mel said the following on 4/6/2007 3:33 PM:

Try RTFM for a change. It is very enlightening. And, you can search the
archives of clj for the string "select radio button". At least make some
sort of effort to attempt to learn how to do it, then post your
non-working code. People here tend to frown upon people wanting someone
to do the coding for them. Especially when it sounds a lot like homework.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

i did google the question "How can i set a radio button in a group"
and i could not find an answer.
My Apologies to the group. I checked the FAQ links you sent me and
still can not see it

Lee

Mel said:
i have a list of 10 radio buttons all with the same ID=R100

i need a javascript to select (checked) say the 4th radio button AFTER
the form is created

Please help this newbeee

1. Your shift key seems to work, so please capitalize the first person
singular pronoun, particularly at the beginning of sentences.
This isn't chat. It isn't email to your bud.
It's a technical newsgroup, where "i" is most often an integer loop
variable.

2. You should never have more than one element with the same ID.
Radio buttons in a group should have the same NAME attribute.

3. Is there a reason why you can't create the button with the "selected"
attribute set?