Radio list to image tabs - possible?

lewcio

In an effort to 'fancy up' my search box, I would like to get rid of
standard radio buttons and replace them with tabs running across the
top -

see screenshot of original:
http://www.ualberta.ca/~mlewcio/screenshots/original.gif

see what I'm trying to achieve:
http://www.ualberta.ca/~mlewcio/screenshots/tab1.gif
and
http://www.ualberta.ca/~mlewcio/screenshots/tab2.gif

The easiest solution would seem to be making the current radio list
display the red, green or blue 'tab' image and strip out the deafult
'radio mark', but I'm not sure it's possible.

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks,
Michael

lewcio

Your code, whatever you are able to dig up, would be most helpful!

So, is javascript then able to relay the info on which tab is currently
selected back to the asp.net code-behind for search processing? I'm
more of a graphic/interface designer (CSS, Javascript) than a
ASP.NET/VB programmer, so this is the part that is confusing. This was
pretty straight forward with the original radio list as it is an
asp.net control, but doing this switching with javascript is an unknown
terriory for me.

Still, if you have the code for switching tab views, that would indeed
help me out as well - no sense re-inventing the wheel!

Thank again,

Michael

lewcio

Your code, whatever you are able to dig up, would be most helpful!

So, is javascript then able to relay the info on which tab is currently
selected back to the asp.net code-behind for search processing? I'm
more of a graphic/interface designer (CSS, Javascript) than a
ASP.NET/VB programmer, so this is the part that is confusing. This was
pretty straight forward with the original radio list as it is an
asp.net control, but doing this switching with javascript is an unknown
terriory for me.

Still, if you have the code for switching tab views, that would indeed
help me out as well - no sense re-inventing the wheel!

Thanks again,

Michael