RadioButtonList Loses Value

dougloj

Hi,

I have two RadioButtonLists on a.aspx page. Let's call them ListA and
ListB. Each list has 3 list items. After any postback, the first list
item of ListB always ends up being selected, regardless of which item
in the list was selected before the postback. For example, if I select
the third item of ListB and a postback occurs for whatever reason, the
first item in ListB always ends up being selected after the postback.
The item in ListA which was selected before the postback remains
selected after the postback.

Please bare in mind that the event routine for the postback is an empty
routine - it does nothing. As experiments, I have changed what causes
the postback. I have set it for the OnSelectedIndexChanged event of
ListA and set it for the OnSelectedIndexChanged event of ListB. I have
also changed the order in which ListA and ListB appear of the page. I
always get the same behavior: the selected item for ListA remains
selected after the postback, while the first item of ListB always ends
up being selected regardless of which item was selected before the
postback.

FYI: each RadioButtonList is populated by binding a data table to the
DataSource.

Does anybody have ANY ideas on what might be wrong?

FYI.

-Doug