Radiobuttons and textbox with autopost

Sean

hi,

i have a radiobuttonlist which i have set the autopostback feature to false, so it would be easier to navigate thru' it, using the keyboard.

below the radiobuttonslist, i have a textbox which then has a method which fires , and i would need the value of the selected radiobutton.

since it does a postback, the value of the selected button goes to the default and i can't seem to pick up that value ..

any suggestions ??

Thank You for your feedback and inputs

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Sean,

If I understand your problem correctly, you need to store the selected radio
button (I'm using viewstate) when the textbox.changed event fires. Then, as the
page refreshes, you need to set the button to its previous value. Here's some
code that might get you moving:

Private Sub Page_Load _
(ByVal sender As System.Object, _
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) _
Handles MyBase.Load
If Not IsPostBack Then
RadioButtonList1.SelectedIndex = _
RadioButtonList1.Items.IndexOf _
(viewstate("selval"))
End If
End Sub

Private Sub TextBox1_TextChanged _
(ByVal sender As System.Object, _
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) _
Handles TextBox1.TextChanged
Label1.Text = RadioButtonList1.SelectedValue
viewstate("selval") = _
RadioButtonList1.SelectedValue
End Sub

Does this help?