Rails 0.14.1 and Agile Web Development on Rails

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by basi, Oct 24, 2005.

  1. basi

    basi Guest

    Hello,

    Following the instructions on Agile Rails book, to produce the Admin
    controller of the Products table in the Depot app, I enter the
    following command:

    depot> ruby script/generate scaffold Product Admin

    I expect Rails to produce admin_controller.rb; instead it produced
    products_controller.rb. Hence, the instruction to point the browser to:
    localhost:3000/admin does not work. What works is:
    localhost:3000/product. I'm just trying to verify if this is now how it
    should be, i.e., the controller for maintaining a table has the same
    name as the table itself.

    When I create go to create a new product, the product form does not
    look correct. The Title and Description fields are of the same size as
    the Image URL field -- huge.

    I'm using Rails 0.14.1.

    Thanks,
    gk
    basi, Oct 24, 2005

  2. On Oct 23, 2005, at 8:37 PM, basi wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Following the instructions on Agile Rails book, to produce the Admin
    > controller of the Products table in the Depot app, I enter the
    > following command:
    >
    > depot> ruby script/generate scaffold Product Admin

    This is a known issue. See:

    http://blogs.pragprog.com/cgi-bin/pragdave.cgi

    James Edward Gray II
    James Edward Gray II, Oct 24, 2005

  3. basi

    basi Guest

    Thank you. Wonder if the previous Rails version is still available.
    gk
    basi, Oct 24, 2005
  4. On Oct 23, 2005, at 9:07 PM, basi wrote:

    > Thank you. Wonder if the previous Rails version is still available.

    Sure, just specify the version when installing the gem. You might
    also want to check out the Rails mailing list.

    --Steve
    Stephen Waits, Oct 24, 2005
  5. basi

    basi Guest

    Stephen Waits wrote:
    > On Oct 23, 2005, at 9:07 PM, basi wrote:
    >
    > > Thank you. Wonder if the previous Rails version is still available.

    > Sure, just specify the version when installing the gem. You might
    > also want to check out the Rails mailing list.
    >
    > --Steve

    Thanks!
    gk
    basi, Oct 24, 2005