    Rajinder Yadav

    http://DevMentor.org
    Do Good ~ Share Freely

    Rajinder Yadav, Oct 7, 2009

  2. Rajinder Yadav

    pharrington Guest

    On Oct 6, 8:53 pm, Rajinder Yadav <> wrote:
    > I am wondering if Rails has been ported successfully to run on Ruby 1.9, and
    > what web-servers run Ruby 1.9 without issues, at least for playing aroundwith.
    > On the Rails website I don't see any mention of Ruby 1.9 support.
    >
    > Would others please share links they've found good write ups on related to Ruby 1.9.
    >
    > --
    > Kind Regards,
    > Rajinder Yadav
    >
    > http://DevMentor.org
    > Do Good ~ Share Freely

    Rails 2.3 work does without issue on Ruby 1.9 (well, Rails 2.3.4 has a
    newly introduced bug, but :\). I know Passenger has no issues with
    Ruby 1.9, and the FastCGI handler has no problems either, but I
    haven't tested with anything else yet. Of course, not all gems or
    plugins may be compatible with 1.9, but I personally haven't run into
    issue in those regards. You might get some more thoughtful answers on
    the Rails list though.

    pharrington, Oct 7, 2009

  3. pharrington wrote:
    > On Oct 6, 8:53 pm, Rajinder Yadav <> wrote:
    >> I am wondering if Rails has been ported successfully to run on Ruby 1.9, and
    >> what web-servers run Ruby 1.9 without issues, at least for playing around with.
    >> On the Rails website I don't see any mention of Ruby 1.9 support.
    >>
    >> Would others please share links they've found good write ups on related to Ruby 1.9.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kind Regards,
    >> Rajinder Yadav
    >>
    >> http://DevMentor.org
    >> Do Good ~ Share Freely

    > Rails 2.3 work does without issue on Ruby 1.9 (well, Rails 2.3.4 has a
    > newly introduced bug, but :\). I know Passenger has no issues with
    > Ruby 1.9, and the FastCGI handler has no problems either, but I
    > haven't tested with anything else yet. Of course, not all gems or
    > plugins may be compatible with 1.9, but I personally haven't run into
    > issue in those regards. You might get some more thoughtful answers on
    > the Rails list though.

    Was able to install Passenger/Nginx from source, looked a bit daunting but
    panned out really well, thanks for the tip.

    Next step is running a test Ruby 1.9/Rails app.

    --
    Kind Regards,
    Rajinder Yadav

    http://DevMentor.org