Rails: User-role based content

Preben

Hi everyone.

Let's fx. say, that the content based on the front page (or any other
page) of the homepage is dependent on the roles that the user have.

How would you model this into a rails application?

I'm thinking of using the LoginGeneratorACLSystem for this application
and would like to have the contents of each 'unique' page be different
based on the user.

Thanks
Preben

James Britt

Preben said:
Hi everyone.

Let's fx. say, that the content based on the front page (or any other
page) of the homepage is dependent on the roles that the user have.

How would you model this into a rails application?

I'm thinking of using the LoginGeneratorACLSystem for this application
and would like to have the contents of each 'unique' page be different
based on the user.

You will likely get a better, faster answer for Rails questions on the
Rails mailing list:

James Britt

"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute."
- H. Abelson and G. Sussman
(in "The Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs)