Rails vs JRuby/Rails vs Grails

Chris Thiel

Greetings,
I'm about to start up a new home project and am kicking around the
possibilities listed above. This is a hobby which may turn into a commercial
project, should I find enough time to do so.
A rather important feature of this project is going to be the ability to
work in offline mode, synching up to a server when going into online mode.
I've poked around some with the available ways to do this with Rails
(Slingshot, Gears on Rails), but was unable to determine if these approaches
might work on JRuby/Rails as well. I'm not too thrilled about Slingshot
simply because I don't have the money to pay for the toolkit unless it's
very cheap, so I'm looking for free ways to achieve offline capability in my
application.

I'm interested in hearing peoples opinions on Rails vs JRuby/Rails vs
Grails, and particularly interested in hearing what people have to say in
regards to getting any of these frameworks operating in an offline fashion.

Regards,

Chris

Glen Holcomb