Rails vs JRuby/Rails vs Grails

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Chris Thiel, Apr 11, 2009.

  1. Chris Thiel

    Chris Thiel Guest

    Greetings,
    I'm about to start up a new home project and am kicking around the
    possibilities listed above. This is a hobby which may turn into a commercial
    project, should I find enough time to do so.
    A rather important feature of this project is going to be the ability to
    work in offline mode, synching up to a server when going into online mode.
    I've poked around some with the available ways to do this with Rails
    (Slingshot, Gears on Rails), but was unable to determine if these approaches
    might work on JRuby/Rails as well. I'm not too thrilled about Slingshot
    simply because I don't have the money to pay for the toolkit unless it's
    very cheap, so I'm looking for free ways to achieve offline capability in my
    application.

    I'm interested in hearing peoples opinions on Rails vs JRuby/Rails vs
    Grails, and particularly interested in hearing what people have to say in
    regards to getting any of these frameworks operating in an offline fashion.

    Regards,

    Chris
    Chris Thiel, Apr 11, 2009

  2. Chris Thiel