Rails with mod_proxy

Aquila

I'm still setting up my shared rails websites. I'm not really satisfied with
the fastcgi approach (cgi scripts can sometimes be nasty security problems)
so I'd like to try the another approach.
Each user get's to run its own webrick server and mod_proxy redirects all
requests. Is that possible? I can't find any relevant documentation in
mod_proxy to redirect to a specific port, does someone use a similar setup?
And is it possible to run multiple rails sites on 1 webrick instance? It
would be very useful because then I can give every user his own local port
for mod_proxy, otherwise I'd probably have to go for multiple rules in
mod_proxy?

Premshree Pillai

I'm still setting up my shared rails websites. I'm not really satisfied with
the fastcgi approach (cgi scripts can sometimes be nasty security problems)
so I'd like to try the another approach.
Each user get's to run its own webrick server and mod_proxy redirects all
requests. Is that possible? I can't find any relevant documentation in
mod_proxy to redirect to a specific port, does someone use a similar setup?

I'm not sure I understood everything, but you could specify the port
no. after the URL: http://foobar:3040