Raise Error in a Module and Try/Except in a different Module

Issa-Ahmed SIDIBE

I Have a function FUNC1 that is define in ModuleA. This function raise
an exception EXCP1 (raise EXCP1), with EXCP1 a global variable in
ModuleA.

In ModuleB, I have some classes that call FUNC1. I would like to catch
EXCP1 and make some processing. How can I do that.

I tried in Module B

import ModuleA
class():
try: a = ModuleA.FUNC1
except ModuleA.EXCP1: print 'catch'

But It does not work. What is wrong?

Jim

Issa-Ahmed SIDIBE said:
I Have a function FUNC1 that is define in ModuleA. This function raise
an exception EXCP1 (raise EXCP1), with EXCP1 a global variable in
ModuleA.

In ModuleB, I have some classes that call FUNC1. I would like to catch
EXCP1 and make some processing. How can I do that.

I tried in Module B

import ModuleA
class():
try: a = ModuleA.FUNC1
except ModuleA.EXCP1: print 'catch'

But It does not work. What is wrong?

I'm just back from holiday so rusty but I tried to do this w few weeks ago.

What's the error?

Jim

Simon Brunning

I Have a function FUNC1 that is define in ModuleA. This function raise
an exception EXCP1 (raise EXCP1), with EXCP1 a global variable in
ModuleA.

In ModuleB, I have some classes that call FUNC1. I would like to catch
EXCP1 and make some processing. How can I do that.

I tried in Module B

import ModuleA
class():
try: a = ModuleA.FUNC1
except ModuleA.EXCP1: print 'catch'

But It does not work. What is wrong?

You're not *calling* FUNC1 here, you're just assigning a reference to
it to the name 'a'. Try FUNC1() instead.

Heiko Wundram

Am Montag, 4. April 2005 12:11 schrieb Issa-Ahmed SIDIBE:

Try:
import ModuleA
class():
try: a = ModuleA.FUNC1()