Raise event when leaving Textbox

tshad

Is there a way to raise an event when a user exits a textbox?

I tried OnTextChanged and that doesn't seem to do it.

<asp:textbox id="email" TextMode="SingleLine" OnTextChanged="checkRecords"
Columns="45" runat="server" />

I need to load a dropdownlist after someone enters his email. There would
be no button to push. After the user enters his name and email it needs to
check a table to see if there are already any record and if so load the
dropdown to all the user to choose one.

Thanks,

Tom.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Tom,

Don't forget autopostback="True":

<asp:textbox id="email" TextMode="SingleLine"
OnTextChanged="checkRecords" Columns="45" runat="server"
autopostback="True" />

Public Sub checkRecords(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs)
Response.Write("Checking records here for " & email.Text)
End Sub

Ken
MVP [ASP.NET]
Toronto

tshad

Ken Cox said:
Hi Tom,

Don't forget autopostback="True":

I did forget that.

It worked.

I have a similar problem with the dropdownlist.

If I make a selection (which may be the one already showing), how can I jump
to function as he makes a choice?

I can use OnSelectedIndexChanged, as the index may not change.

Would I use autopostback here also? If so, what event should I use?

Thanks,

Tom.