Raising an Event via Code

Dane Dickey

Our web application has a user control on a web page to
display hierarchical data and allow the user to "drill-
down" the hierarchy tree. The user control is a datalist,
with an image button("+" or "-" sign like windows
explorer), a checkbox and a label. Currently when the
page first loads, the highest level (one item) is
displayed (with a "+" image). The user has to click the
plus sign to expand the hierarchy. The user would like
for it to expand once by default, displaying the parent
(with a "-" image) and the first generation of children
(with "+" images) in the tree. I need to raise the
datalist_ItemCommand and get the tree to expand when the
page first loads. How should I raise this event?

Thanks
Dane

Natty Gur

Hi,

use java script to simulate click on the image button.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114