Rake and rake aborted! Rake aborted! undefined method `gem' for main:Object

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by peppermonkey, Feb 9, 2007.

  1. peppermonkey

    peppermonkey Guest

    Hi,
    there must be some configuration mistake but can someone help me out?
    I have ruby, gem, rails and such installed.
    version
    ruby: 1.8.4
    gem: 0.8.11
    rails 1.2.2

    If I do a

    rake rails:update

    I get the following:

    Rake aborted!
    undefined method `gem' for main:Object

    I get the same message when doing just
    rake

    any ideas?
    Is there a problem with my path?

    thanks in advance.

    peppermonkey, Feb 9, 2007

  2. Re: Rake and rake aborted! Rake aborted! undefined method `gem' for main:Object

    On 2/9/07, peppermonkey <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > there must be some configuration mistake but can someone help me out?
    > I have ruby, gem, rails and such installed.

    yes, you need the latest version of rubygems.

    sudo gem update --system

    and consult the rubygems 0.9.2 release notes if you have trouble.

    Gregory Brown, Feb 10, 2007