Rake PackageTask, undefined method exitstatus

warhero

Hey all,

I am trying to get some rake tasks going. I have a package task that is
this:

Rake::packageTask.new("deploy", ARGV[1]) do |p|
p.need_zip = true
p.name = 'rubyamf'
p.package_files.include("lib/**/*.*")
p.package_dir = "deploy"
end

when I run 'rake package 0.5.5' it creates the directories fine (deploy
and deploy/rubyamf-0.5.5/). But then it halts and gives me an error:

cd deploy
zip -r rubyamf-0.5.5.zip rubyamf-0.5.5
rake aborted!
undefined method `exitstatus' for nil:NilClass

Anyone have an idea what this might be from?

Jan Svitok

Hey all,

I am trying to get some rake tasks going. I have a package task that is
this:

Rake::packageTask.new("deploy", ARGV[1]) do |p|
p.need_zip = true
p.name = 'rubyamf'
p.package_files.include("lib/**/*.*")
p.package_dir = "deploy"
end

when I run 'rake package 0.5.5' it creates the directories fine (deploy
and deploy/rubyamf-0.5.5/). But then it halts and gives me an error:

cd deploy
zip -r rubyamf-0.5.5.zip rubyamf-0.5.5
rake aborted!
undefined method `exitstatus' for nil:NilClass

Anyone have an idea what this might be from?

pretty blind guess: run with --trace and see what it will display

Mike Harris

warhero said:
Hey all,

I am trying to get some rake tasks going. I have a package task that is
this:

Rake::packageTask.new("deploy", ARGV[1]) do |p|
p.need_zip = true
p.name = 'rubyamf'
p.package_files.include("lib/**/*.*")
p.package_dir = "deploy"
end

when I run 'rake package 0.5.5' it creates the directories fine (deploy
and deploy/rubyamf-0.5.5/). But then it halts and gives me an error:

cd deploy
zip -r rubyamf-0.5.5.zip rubyamf-0.5.5
rake aborted!
undefined method `exitstatus' for nil:NilClass

Anyone have an idea what this might be from?

It means the zip executable isn't present on your system, or in your
path. The software on my machine appears to be InfoZIP
(http://www.info-zip.org/Zip.html), although I'm not sure if it came
with Ruby or where it came from.

Ryan Davis

Hey all,

I am trying to get some rake tasks going. I have a package task
that is
this:

Although it probably won't fix this problem (I too suspect that zip
is missing) writing your rakefile using hoe will alleviate a lot of
your efforts for development/deployment.

James Britt

warhero said:
cd deploy
zip -r rubyamf-0.5.5.zip rubyamf-0.5.5
rake aborted!
undefined method `exitstatus' for nil:NilClass

Anyone have an idea what this might be from?

Are you on Windows?