random and LEds question

Reaction score
how do i make LEDs less bright, i know that u need to do something with the PWM and how to generate a randon number in vhdl

also how do i search in the newsgroup

Reaction score
One more

1) Search for LFSR at the net - could be perfect for random numbers
2) Use a fast running counter - the number will be random if you stop the counter with random intervals.

Reaction score
thanks, i think i got the random numbers going, i did the counter thing, but the pwm thing im still not too sure, im using a spartan 3 and im kinda new to vhdl so i dont know where motors and stuff are located on spartan 3

Reaction score
Depend on your kit or hardware design
Most pins on a Spartan 3 could act as output and hence should it be possible to drive with a PWM signal

Reaction score
i figured most stuff out, what i still dont really quite understand is the PCM value, can anyone elaborate on that?

Reaction score
PCM = Pulse Code Modulated which means a number, value etc which gives the PWM percentance. If you a kit (BASYS, NEXYS etc) could you use the DIP switches to generate numbers like 00001100 = 12 or 10000001 = 129

Reaction score
what i meant is, how does the pcm value affects it like the higher the what and stuff

Reaction score
Well if you watch the simulation (buttom of the page link) can you see the connection between PCM and PWM
If you decide PCM=15 => 100% duty cycle (Full brightness) then PCM=7 should give say 50% duty cycle

Ask a Question