RANDOM: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'

Jay Pondy

We have Kerberos set up along with account delegation, trusted connection, etc.
etc. between an IIS 6.0 box and a SQL Server 2000 box.

We have several ASP.Net applications that randomly receive 'NT
AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON' errors using Integrated Security=SSPI in the
connection strings.

After an end-user receives this error message it persists sometimes for an hour
or more, sometimes only for a few minutes. Sometimes closing and re-opening IE
will fix it sometimes not. Basically we can not pin down anything that works
every time.

Most of the time these applications work great but the few times we get these
errors it is very frustrating for end users.

Any help would be much appreciated.