Random Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction Error

Patrik Oscarsson

Hi, I'm having problems with my webservice. I have a fully functional
webservice, but once in a while I get the error message "Server did not
recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction". Clear the cache solves the
problem, but it's not a solution. I have a dozen or so methods, but when I
recieve the error, a completely corrupt wsdl is shown, I just recieve two
methods, and both have an added 1 to the end.

Normal methods:
CheckServerRunning
ListSignalStatus
SaveSignalText
ListSummaryStatus
...etc

Corrupt methods
ListSignalStatus1
ListSummaryStatus1

This happens quite often, and it's always the same two corrupt methods that
is shown. And I can guarantee that I never had the web service look that
way.

Please give me some input, our customers are not very happy about this.

/Patrik Oscarsson

Patrik Oscarsson

Additional info:

The folder structure in the web is:

/
WebApp
WebApp/bin
WebApp/WebService
WebApp/WebService/Bin

Initially the webservice folder was not marked as an IIS Application.
Although the compiled assemlies existed in both binfolders, I switched on
the IIS application on the Webservice, and the problem went away (only
because the runtime created a new cache for the files) But my concern is
that the problem will come back. Have any of you had similar problems?
Hi, I'm having problems with my webservice. I have a fully functional
webservice, but once in a while I get the error message "Server did not
recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction". Clear the cache solves the
problem, but it's not a solution. I have a dozen or so methods, but when I
recieve the error, a completely corrupt wsdl is shown, I just recieve two
methods, and both have an added 1 to the end.

[clipped]