    Anyone have any ideas about how to solve this or how to reproduce the error?

    Lars-Erik
    - soon to be placed in a mental institution
    Lars-Erik Aabech, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Hi Lars-Erik

    We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
    update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

    Kevin Yu
    =======
    rights."
    Kevin Yu [MSFT], Apr 16, 2005

  3. Hi Lars,

    Based on your description, the problem occurs randomly per week and seems
    not related to memory consumption, I'm thinking the problem likely related
    to your application's code logic. For example, is there any COM components
    used in your application which is intialized at startup time and clearup at
    shutdown time of the app. And have you turn off your asp.net application's
    debug option in the web.config at the production server?

    BTW, looking at the nature of this issue, it would require intensive
    troubleshooting(dump analyze) which would be done quickly and effectively
    with direct assistance from a Microsoft Support Professional through
    Microsoft Product Support Services. If you feel this is an urgent issue, I
    recommend that you contact Microsoft Product Support directly to discuss
    additional support options you may have available, by contacting us at
    1-(800)936-5800 or by choosing one of the options listed at
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top.

    Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 18, 2005
  4. RE: Random "The IListSource does not contain any datasources" and

    Hi, guys!

    Thanks for your swift replies. I could sum this up with yes, yes and yes,
    but I'll elaborate a bit here before I eventually open a support case. ( I
    hope you still follow the thread ;) )

    The application uses a lot of COM interop (going away in half a year).
    Nothing is initialized at Application start though. I'm not sure what I
    should troubleshoot here, but I could have a look at the amount of instanced
    objects in the COM+ management when we get the error.
    We always release "release" builds to the production servers, but I'm not
    sure if we've done anything with the web.config file. I'll check that too.

    I've seen one issue reporting this error, but that was an issue where the
    controls were attempted bound by Page_Load, and the data is loaded by
    Control.Load - I guess that would make the control crash every time, not just
    once or twice a week?
    Our case happens with a control that loads and binds itself in .load, or a
    control that's bound by page after a call to a local webservice is done to
    retrieve a dataset. Both gives the mentioned behaviors. I guess there's more
    in the other 30-40 pages, but these are the ones we've seen so far.

    I tried the link you provided, but ended up with a norwegian custom 404.
    This is actually a very urgent issue, but I'm not prepared to take the budget
    hit just yet ;)

    Thanks again for your help. Hope you can help me get a bit closer, or direct
    me to some support personell who can help. (Do I have to contact the US by
    phone?)

    Lars-Erik
    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycy1Fcmlr?=, Apr 18, 2005
  5. Hi again!

    I have set the compilation element's debug attribute to false in
    web.config - I recon I have to recompile to make this effective? I thought
    this was ruled by the project configuratiion setting..? Anyway, we're
    constantly monitoring the server and waiting for the error to re-appear. :)
    (Crashed this morning before I got down to this thread again)

    I'm also opening a case with product support, but I'll keep updating this
    thread.

    Lars-Erik

    Lars-Erik Aabech, Apr 18, 2005
  6. Well, still crashing with debug=false :) Just crashed again... It seems like
    the crash is occuring more and more often.

    L-E

    Lars-Erik Aabech, Apr 18, 2005
  7. Hi L-E,

    Thanks for your followup. Since you mentioned the crash occurs more and
    more often, I think the problem become more regular and will be easy for
    the PSS guys to TS. Have they asked for some dump files from you ? Anyway,
    it'll be great appreciate that you provide the further result of the
    problem so that many other ones can have a reference later.

    Thanks & Regards,

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Apr 19, 2005
  8. Hi again! :)

    We're waiting for the problem to start again. Getting a bit annoyed now as
    it's been running for 24 hours.
    When the problem arises we've got some commands to run to create dumps and
    we'll take it from there with the support guys.
    I'll update the thread when and if we locate the problem. :)
    (For now it seems like there is one particular page that crashes first each
    time it happens - we're focusing the search a bit)

    Lars-Erik

    Lars-Erik Aabech, Apr 19, 2005
  9. For the guys googling this:
    I haven't found a solution yet. The application has been running fine again
    for a while, so I'm not even sure if the problem is still there. There are
    actually a few changes since my first post, but I can't prove that they have
    solved anything. The application is now running in isolated mode on iis and
    a .net Enterprise Service class running in COM+ has got 200 as max pool
    instead of 50.

    Anyway, I'll update the thread if something happens again.
    Until then.. :)

    Lars-Erik

    Lars-Erik Aabech, Apr 28, 2005