    Can anyone give me some advice

    Thanks in advance.
    Marthinus
    Thini, Marthinus, May 15, 2008

  2. Thini, Marthinus wrote:
    > Good day everyone this is my first post in this group and need help. I
    > want to create a class that can randomly access files and read and
    > write only sections of the file instead of reading or writing the
    > whole file into memory. This will actually help with memory management
    > on mobile devices.
    >
    > Can anyone give me some advice

    You didn't indicate which JME Profile you're using, so I'll cover all.
    Personal Profile and Personal Basis Profile (CDC) provide regular file
    access and support java.io.RandomAccessFile. MIDP (CLDC) on the hand
    doesn't have such a file structure, instead it supports Record Stores
    which provide random access to variable-length records.

    --
    Lee Fesperman, FFE Software, Inc. (http://www.firstsql.com)
    * The Ultimate DBMS is here!
    Lee Fesperman, May 16, 2008

  3. Thini, Marthinus

    THINI MAB Guest

    On May 16, 10:39 pm, Lee Fesperman <> wrote:
    > Thini, Marthinus wrote:
    > > Good day everyone this is my first post in this group and need help. I
    > > want to create a class that can randomly access files and read and
    > > write only sections of the file instead of reading or writing the
    > > whole file into memory. This will actually help with memory management
    > > on mobile devices.

    > > Can anyone give me some advice

    > You didn't indicate which JME Profile you're using, so I'll cover all.
    > Personal Profile and Personal Basis Profile (CDC) provide regular file
    > access and support java.io.RandomAccessFile. MIDP (CLDC) on the hand
    > doesn't have such a file structure, instead it supports Record Stores
    > which provide random access to variable-length records.
    >
    > --
    > Lee Fesperman, FFE Software, Inc. (http://www.firstsql.com)
    > * The Ultimate DBMS is here!
    > * FirstSQL/J Object/Relational DBMS  (http://www.firstsql.com)

    Thanks for your advice. I will incorporate it into my development
    Marthinus
    THINI MAB, Jun 10, 2008