range as in MATLAB/octave

Caj Zell

Hello,

in MATLAB (or octave) you write 0:5:20 get a vector that's 0,5,10,15,20.

In perl I just did the following using the beginning, end and the interval.

@ratios=map $_*$interval,$lower..($upper/$interval);

Is there a nicer cleaner way using Perl?

Caj Zell

Anno Siegel

Caj Zell said:
Hello,

in MATLAB (or octave) you write 0:5:20 get a vector that's 0,5,10,15,20.

In perl I just did the following using the beginning, end and the interval.

@ratios=map $_*$interval,$lower..($upper/$interval);

Is there a nicer cleaner way using Perl?

As far as it has the semantics you want, that's one way of doing it.
You may want POSIX::floor to get the right behavior for negatives.

Anno