RangeCheck Method in java.util.ArrayList

Muggle

Hello everyone,

I recently went through the source code for the ArrayList.java in
java.util(Java 6). I noticed a private method with the signature
"private void RangeCheck(int index)".

Why does the name RangeCheck ignore suggested naming convention ? And
what prevents the authors from renaming it properly as it is a private
method ?

Thank you
Muggle.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Muggle said:
I recently went through the source code for the ArrayList.java in
java.util(Java 6). I noticed a private method with the signature
"private void RangeCheck(int index)".

Why does the name RangeCheck ignore suggested naming convention ? And
what prevents the authors from renaming it properly as it is a private
method ?

Unless you can get someone from SUN's Java team to comment then
all answers will be guesswork.

My guess is that it is simply a mistake and that it has not
been fixed, because noone has noticed it.

Stuff like that happen all the time in the real world.

Arne