RangeValidator validate failed when input with currency symbol

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by HipHopper, Jul 24, 2008.

  1. HipHopper

    HipHopper Guest

    Hi,

    I have a composited control with a Textbox and a Rangevalidator.

    If I am not mistaken, Rangevalidator should take currency ($) symbol, but I
    got the validation error when user enter -$100 in the text box. It will
    succeed if -100.

    So I tried add a property called "MoneyValue", return a Decimal only value
    and use [ValidationPropertyAttribute("MoneyValue")], hopping RangeValidator
    validate "MoneyValue" instead of Textbox, not working.

    What did I miss?

    Help, Please.
    --
    HipHopper