Rant: One more browser to test

Ben C

On 2007-07-24 said:
That trend goes way beyond Web sites unfortunately. Software also suffers
from the "be-all-to-all" syndrome.

s/Software/Commercial software
MusicMatch Jukebox started out as a fantastic little tool for ripping,
& burning, but mostly managing music files. It was wonderful... easy
to use and loaded quickly. Now, Yahoo owns it and they couldn't care
less about whether or not I can manage my files, print my playlists,
or load my e280. All they want to do is sell me crap music that no one
else wants to buy either. Now a pop-up nag screen insists that I
download the latest version of their bloatware and I don't want it.
Will they give me a "Don't show this anymore" checkbox? What do you
think?

Use cdparanoia, cdrecord and sox. Each one does what it does very well
and no more. None of them would dream of trying to show you ads.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 24 Jul 2007 20:01:39
GMT El Kabong scribed:
And all it does is make me mad.

This is still a rant, right? Hope so or I'm OT.

You a Brit? My girlfriend's from Liverpool and when she rants, it just
means she's 'ot to trot.

Ed Mullen

El said:
Oh, man! Did you hit the nail on the top with that one.

That trend goes way beyond Web sites unfortunately. Software also suffers
from the "be-all-to-all" syndrome. MusicMatch Jukebox started out as a
fantastic little tool for ripping, & burning, but mostly managing music
files. It was wonderful... easy to use and loaded quickly. Now, Yahoo owns
it and they couldn't care less about whether or not I can manage my files,
print my playlists, or load my e280. All they want to do is sell me crap
music that no one else wants to buy either. Now a pop-up nag screen insists
that I download the latest version of their bloatware and I don't want it.
Will they give me a "Don't show this anymore" checkbox? What do you think?

Don't bother "upgrading" to Yahoo Jukebox. It pretty much sucks.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net