Rapid development of desktop-like web apps

Discussion in 'Java' started by carmelo, Jul 29, 2010.

  1. carmelo

    carmelo Guest

    Hello everybody,

    I'm looking for a visual IDE (RAD) that would allow me the rapid
    development of desktop-like web applications, with windows interface.
    The application should essentially have CRUD functionality for records
    management in relational databases, displaying data in tabular form,
    master/details and as reports.

    I've got no restrictions on languages, the goal is to find tools that
    make development the fastest possible.
    Would you have any advice?

    I found it quite interesting the following:
    - Http://www.jrapid.com
    - Http://www.generalinterface.org
    - Http://flex.org
    - Http://www.zkoss.org