Rapid Learning materials suggestion needed

@

....@m

I'm an ASP VB.NET developer who recently discovered Eclipse. Now I'm
very interested in doing something real with Java/web/data.

Can anyone suggest a commerically available book with excercises that
would rapidly teach the most essential J2EE classes, leading into
database access and web (jsp), to someone with a good fundamental
understanding of academic OO concepts? Something that would allow me
to move through about 15 to 18 chapters in one month, given I had
about 4 hours a day...

I want to rapidly converge the .NET framework concepts into the
ability to intuitively use the comparable J2EE classes...

There are SOOOO many books, it would take me a huge amount of time to
review and pick...

Any suggestions are appreciated...
Thanks.