Rapid Postbacks

Tina

What happens if an asp.net user sends rapid postbacks before they can be
processed by the server. for instance, the user might hit a button that
triggers a long database update but then hits that button many more times in
quick succession. Or triggers a selectionchanged event, repeatedly, on a
dropdown with postback enabled.

Can the processing be interrupted or will they each be handled
asynchronously?
thanks,

Lau Lei Cheong

The "normal" answer to this problem is to disable the button on it's onclick
event, and re-enable the button in server-side code after processing the
ServerClick.

Tina said:
What happens if an asp.net user sends rapid postbacks before they can be
processed by the server. for instance, the user might hit a button that
triggers a long database update but then hits that button many more times
in quick succession. Or triggers a selectionchanged event, repeatedly, on
a dropdown with postback enabled.

Can the processing be interrupted or will they each be handled
asynchronously?
No idea. But I believe there's high probability it'll be handled
asynchronously. (Does it depend on browser or not?)

TJS

I believe you'd have to disable the button in clientside script then submit
the form with javascript, to prevent multiple clicks from being sent to the
server.

Tina

if we have to do that to make asp.net work correctly then it is not a very
productive platform to develop apps with.