    Is there a java API for RAR files like ZipInputStream?

    Thanks

    Jon

    John Smith, Sep 19, 2005

  2. John Smith

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:35:01 +0100, "John Smith"
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >Is there a java API for RAR files like ZipInputStream?

    It looks as if the format is proprietary. The best you could hope for
    is a rar library like PkZip puts out for its proprietary formats.

    http://www.winrar-rog.com/einfo/features.html
    I don't see any sign of it or even a free reader.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Sep 20, 2005

  3. John Smith

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Roedy Green" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:35:01 +0100, "John Smith"
    > <> wrote or quoted :
    >
    >>Is there a java API for RAR files like ZipInputStream?

    > It looks as if the format is proprietary. The best you could hope for
    > is a rar library like PkZip puts out for its proprietary formats.
    >
    > http://www.winrar-rog.com/einfo/features.html
    > I don't see any sign of it or even a free reader.

    If you can read C++, 7zip is an open source compression program which
    can compress and decompress RAR files. Perhaps you could translate the
    algorithm to Java.

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Sep 20, 2005
  4. John Smith

    malpani.anshul

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Is there a java API for RAR files like ZipInputStream?

    Can u please send me the code for this.
    my id is

    malpani.anshul, Mar 5, 2007
  5. John Smith

    malpani.anshul

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Is there a java API for RAR files like ZipInputStream?
    plese send me the cod at

    malpani.anshul, Mar 5, 2007
  6. John Smith

    malpani.anshul

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    anshul.malpani#3i-infotech.com

    malpani.anshul, Mar 5, 2007
  7. John Smith

    malpani.anshul

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    # is for @

    malpani.anshul, Mar 5, 2007
  8. John Smith

    adarshr

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    RARoScope - Java Library for RAR Archive Scanning

    I recently wrote a Java library myself which does what you guys are looking for. Check it out yourself!

    http://www.adarshr.com/papers/raroscope

    Adarsh R

    adarshr, Mar 18, 2008
  9. John Smith

    jeev81

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:

    I also had to do a similar project where I compress the file as rar. So I used the rar.exe command line option to compress the file and store in the path of my choice even to another local machine.

    I ran the command line options Runtime.getRuntime().exec(command) in java and was able to compress the file successfully.

    The rar.exe should be either set in the working folder or set in the environment variables.

    Regards,
    Rajeev

    jeev81, Jan 6, 2010