RAR Files

Oliver Wong

Roedy Green said:
It looks as if the format is proprietary. The best you could hope for
is a rar library like PkZip puts out for its proprietary formats.

http://www.winrar-rog.com/einfo/features.html
I don't see any sign of it or even a free reader.

If you can read C++, 7zip is an open source compression program which
can compress and decompress RAR files. Perhaps you could translate the
algorithm to Java.

- Oliver

Joined
Mar 5, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Is there a java API for RAR files like ZipInputStream?

Can u please send me the code for this.
my id is (e-mail address removed)

Joined
Dec 9, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I also had to do a similar project where I compress the file as rar. So I used the rar.exe command line option to compress the file and store in the path of my choice even to another local machine.

I ran the command line options Runtime.getRuntime().exec(command) in java and was able to compress the file successfully.

The rar.exe should be either set in the working folder or set in the environment variables.

Regards,
Rajeev