Rar

redglow

Hello

Can anyone tell me about Java and WinRar. Is there a function in java to
unpack a Rar-Archive? Did someone know a workaround?

Thanks Rico

Marco Schmidt

redglow:
Can anyone tell me about Java and WinRar. Is there a function in java to
unpack a Rar-Archive?

I don't think so. Some time ago I wrote a mail to Eugene Roshal
(author of WinRar), and he also isn't aware of one.
Did someone know a workaround?

You could run WinRar with Runtime.exec. As far as I know it
understands command line parameters. There also is a dedicated command
line version.

Regards,
Marco

redglow

Thanx for help, i'd hoped.
I try the commandline-version.

but, second question. do the zip-component in Java support passwords for
the archives? I

Regards,
Rico

Marco Schmidt

redglow:
Thanx for help, i'd hoped.
I try the commandline-version.

but, second question. do the zip-component in Java support passwords for
the archives? I

No, encryption is not supported. Neither "old-style" encryption nor
the various new types integrated by PKWare and Winzip Inc.

Regards,
Marco