ras api win98

Max

Hello all, I've a problem with a small dialing program. It must call a
number and if it's busy, it can call other two numbers. Well, when the
first number is busy, the program doesn't call the next number. In
debug
after the first number which is busy (it's my cell. phone), the
function
RasHangUp doesn't leave the handle and so the function RasDial returns
with error code 602 (busy line). Here the program has a loop. The same
program works very well in winxp! I tried to change the modem in win98
machines, but the problem is there! Can anyone help me, please?

MAX

Grumble

Max said:
I've a problem with a small dialing program. It must call a
number and if it's busy, it can call other two numbers. Well,
when the first number is busy, the program doesn't call the next
number. In debug after the first number which is busy (it's my
cell. phone), the function RasHangUp doesn't leave the handle and
so the function RasDial returns with error code 602 (busy line).
Here the program has a loop. The same program works very well in
winxp! I tried to change the modem in win98 machines, but the
problem is there! Can anyone help me, please?

You could try a newsgroup in the microsoft.public.win32 hierarchy

microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks perhaps?

Pedro Graca

Max said:
Hello all, I've a problem with a small dialing program. It must call a
number and if it's busy, it can call other two numbers. Well, when the
first number is busy, the program doesn't call the next number. In
debug
after the first number which is busy (it's my cell. phone), the
function
RasHangUp doesn't leave the handle and so the function RasDial returns
with error code 602 (busy line). Here the program has a loop. The same
program works very well in winxp! I tried to change the modem in win98
machines, but the problem is there! Can anyone help me, please?

There are two things you need to do:

a) remove the cast on the line that calls strrev()
b) add a further check for negative numbers on line 23

Kenny McCormack

Hello all, I've a problem with a small dialing program. It must call
a number and if it's busy, it can call other two numbers. Well, when the
first number is busy, the program doesn't call the next number. In debug
after the first number which is busy (it's my cell. phone), the function
RasHangUp doesn't leave the handle and so the function RasDial returns
with error code 602 (busy line). Here the program has a loop. The same
program works very well in winxp! I tried to change the modem in win98
machines, but the problem is there! Can anyone help me, please?

Allow me to be the first to say this - and I say it from the deepness of my
heart, with all the kindness and love one has come to associate with the
helpful posts you get in this newsgroup:

Not portable. Can't discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.