Rather ridiculous/OT but Im sharing this :p

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Rob, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    It was, after all, too funny not to share! ;)

    I got an email from - rather upset that the flash
    e-card our company developed (and sent her, since she was in our
    addressbook, did not run on her web TV box.

    She was trying to convince me that our B2B marketing strategy was all wrong,
    and that we are all idiots, because we are not developing flash animations
    which are compatible with the (mostly home users base) web TV platform...
    well, after a few silly emails, I got this one from her...

    "Nate" is her partner, I believe.

    </begin silly quote>
    I just showed Nate your e-mails. He thinks you are very narrow minded &
    you are talking shit! He works for the #4 defense company in THE WORLD
    ......you know the people that develop weapons to either defend or bomb
    your sorry ass! They also create the communications that the military
    uses for tracking & targeting, etc. Get the picture? So he has well over
    10,000 computers that run a form of webtv and also "cater" to business
    people. They have his company's technology in hotels ALL over the world.
    The bottom line is that the stuff YOU do is NOT compatible with these
    types of systems and we are talking EVERY major hotel in the world!!!!!
    Everyone of his boxes runs on macromedia flash & neither his R&D nor
    customers even think about upgrading just to see YOUR stupid Christmas
    card!

    Nate KNOWS what he is talking about. You want to talk BULLSHIT about
    computers? Talk to Nate! I don't want your stuck up pansy ass attitude on my
    tv! "I don't care".
    You sure don't! Except for yourself! </end silly quote>

    I mean come on... what are people like! lol

    Rob, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Rob

    Grunff Guest

    Rob wrote:

    > It was, after all, too funny not to share! ;)
    >
    > I got an email from - rather upset that the flash
    > e-card our company developed (and sent her, since she was in our
    > addressbook, did not run on her web TV box.

    <snip much funnyness>

    You've just provided me with the first meaningful argument for
    all-Flash sites. I may be converted yet.

    --
    Grunff

    Grunff, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Rob

    Chuck Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > It was, after all, too funny not to share! ;)
    >
    > I got an email from - rather upset that the flash
    > e-card our company developed (and sent her, since she was in our
    > addressbook, did not run on her web TV box.

    <snip>

    I would take her off of your Christmas card list. HAHA What a bitch!

    Chuck, Dec 18, 2003
  4. Rob wrote:
    > It was, after all, too funny not to share! ;)
    >
    > I got an email from <anon> - rather upset that
    > the flash e-card our company developed (and sent her, since she was
    > in our addressbook, did not run on her web TV box.

    What legitimate company posts a customer's e-mail address on Usenet?

    --
    Joel.

    Joel Shepherd, Dec 18, 2003
  5. Rob

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:brsg3f$km9$>
    Rob said:

    > I got an email from - rather upset that the flash
    > e-card our company developed (and sent her, since she was in our
    > addressbook, did not run on her web TV box.

    my majical webtv viewers 2.6 and 2.8 support flash so maybe she has a
    legitimate complaint.

    --
    brucie
    19/December/2003 06:57:04 am kilo

    brucie, Dec 18, 2003
  6. Rob

    Rob Guest

    She's not even a client, but... can you test the card for me mate. The
    address is www.designfishstudio.com/xmas

    Rob, Dec 18, 2003
  7. Rob

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:brt8vd$q1f$>
    Rob said:

    >> my majical webtv viewers 2.6 and 2.8 support flash so maybe she has a
    >> legitimate complaint.

    > She's not even a client, but... can you test the card for me mate. The
    > address is www.designfishstudio.com/xmas

    doesn't work. a direct link to the swf doesn't work either so it must be
    something with your flash rather than the markup. i had a quick look
    around other flash sites and they all work.

    please don't toppost

    How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    --
    brucie
    19/December/2003 08:25:53 am kilo