Rationalle for Disabling JavaScript

PB

What is the rationalle for disabling JavaScript. AFAIK, the primary reason
is for "security purposes" - but what specific kind of threats does the
[disabling of JavaScript in a browser] protect against? AND - is the
disabling of JavaScript something that is done very much? I know it's
impossible to answer that last question definitively - so I'm wondering if
it has presented any of you with any real problems in the day-to-day running
of your Web applications (i.e. support issues related to the disabling of
JavaScript).

I'm asking because in some testing I discovered that ComponentArt's menu for
ASP.NET simply won't appear on a page when JavaScript is disabled (at least
in IE6). ComponentArt has arguably one of the most popular menu systems - so
for any company or person who disables JavaScript as a matter of course,
they'll miss out on a lot of functionality.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN [MCSD.NET]

u can do lots of things using javascript. It supports object creation like
vb. This lets u to do too much things. I donot know componentart's menu.is
it using directx effects?
ActiveX components are disabled by default.

--
HTH

Thanks,
Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN
BSc, MCSD.NET

Eliyahu Goldin

Whatever the rationale is, you can't make anything meaningful in asp.net
without javascript. So just assume it is allowed. Otherwise the program
won't be usable anyway.

Eliyahu

PB

That's what I was beginning to think - thanks for verifying.

-PB

PB said:
What is the rationalle for disabling JavaScript. AFAIK, the primary
reason
is for "security purposes" - but what specific kind of threats does the
[disabling of JavaScript in a browser] protect against? AND - is the
disabling of JavaScript something that is done very much? I know it's
impossible to answer that last question definitively - so I'm wondering
if What