Raw beginner....

Colin Lehmann

I am new to Python although I have been using Delphi since version one,
I have been employed as a C and C++ programmer so when I went to Linux
(Ubuntu 5.10) I thought Python looked pretty good.
I downloaded and installed 'Eric Python IDE' which seems OK, any
alternatives suggested will be looked at....

My current problem is I am trying to compile a package I downloaded, it
is a PodCaster called 'CastPodder'!!), I looked at the source file and
it tried to import something called 'wxversion' and couldn't find it.
I searched the net and found a package called 'Python wxversion???.Deb'.
Downloaded it and unpacked it but the IDE still can't find it!

My question is : Where should I put the package (download it to..) so
when I unpack it the IDE can find it?
I looked around and found a reference to PYTHONPATH which is supposed to
tell Python where everything is but I simply cannot find it anywhere. I
found sys.path but I don't think that is what I want....

Help!

Everyone must have gone through this sometime!!

TIA
Colin